Our flights home tend to always be later in the day (after dinner time) and we need somewhere to relax, recharge and store our luggage before heading home.
If you’ve ever been on a cruise, you probably already know that disembarkation starts early in the morning right after breakfast. All of our Disney cruises have us off the ship around 8:30AM so spending 12 hours in the airport for our flight home is not our idea of fun.
Day Use Rooms at Hyatt Orlando Airport
Rooms are available to use for the day for pre and post cruisers that need a place to nap, shower or recharge before their cruise or before their late night flight home.
We’ve booked a day use room at the Hyatt 4 out of the 5 times we have cruised from Port Canaveral.
Our flights home have been late at night – around 9 to 10PM and we use the room to store our luggage, take an afternoon nap, and maybe spend some time in the rooftop pool if it’s warm enough outside.
Day Use Rooms (starting at $99 USD + tax) are available between the hours of 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM daily, depending on availability although we’ve never had an issue booking a room for any of our visits.
During our most recent cruise in December, we spent part of our day hanging out with several other families from our ship!
There are 445 rooms at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport and guests can choose between facing the airport’s atrium or the exterior (runways, parking garage etc).
We normally don’t request a specific location when booking a Day Use Room and have been given rooms facing one of the parking lots or the atrium level inside the airport.
Both the 1 King and 2 Queen rooms are spacious enough for our family of 4 and every room hasa large bathroom, closet area, desk and chair and a small patio.
Bed rails are available should you need them. We requested them once during a pre-cruise stay at the hotel and they were brought up after a quick phone call to the front desk.
Even though we’ve never had a view of the runway during our pre-cruise stays, it’s only a short walk to the elevators where our kids can watch planes taxiing and preparing for take off.
We never experienced any noise problems during any of our stays, beds are very comfortable and for our pre-cruise stays, we’re all able to get good sleep before heading to Port Canaveral the next morning.
Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Amenities
- PURE by Hyatt – Hypo-Allergenic Rooms
- Baggage retrieval upon arrival (fee)
- Airline Ticket Counter
- Boarding Pass Printing Available
- Express Check-in
- Onsite Restaurants – Hemisphere Steak & Seafood Restaurant, McCoy’s Bar and Grill
- Lobby bar
- Outdoor pool with views of the runway
- 24 hour Fitness Center
- Business Services – photocopying, printing, computer workstations, FedEx and UPS shipping, laptop connection
- Concierge Services
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the entire property
- In room coffee maker (Starbucks coffee)
There are two onsite restaurants at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport – Hemisphere Steak & Seafood Restaurant, McCoy’s Bar and Grill – as well as a bar in the lobby.
We have never had a meal at the hotel as there’s plenty of selection at the food court.
Disney Springs is also a short ride away (approximately $35 via Uber or Lyft) and is a great way to spend your first or last few hours in Orlando. Shopping, eating, people watching…
The Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport is located on the 3rd floor (atrium level) of the airport where elevators take guests up to the 4th floor for check-in.
For our last pre-cruise stay, after a quick flight from Toronto to Orlando, we picked up our luggage and headed to the registration desk at 1PM.
Check-in is normally at 4PM but we lucked out and were able to get into our room within 15 minutes of landing at MCO.
Gift shops, a fish tank and a food court located on the atrium level of the airport allows kids to be entertained without Mom and Dad having to spend a ton of money.
We highly recommend staying at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport before or after a cruise – especially if you have younger kids.
Even though it costs a bit more than other airport hotels in the area, we love the convenience of being inside the airport.
The rooftop pool is a great amenity to have. You typically don’t see them at airport hotels. Our kids never get tired of being able to swim and watch planes take off at the same time.
Why Stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
- No need to rely on an airport shuttle as the hotel is located steps away from the arrivals and departure gate
- Quick check-in process
- Comfortable and clean rooms
- Rooftop Pool – great for swimming and watching planes take off
- Friendly Staff
- Tons of dining options
- Great location you’re taking Disney Cruise Line Magical Express or private transfer to get to Port Canaveral
- WiFi connection is reliable and you can connect from anywhere within the hotel including the rooftop pool
- Affordable Day Room Rates available for pre and post cruisers
Why You Might Not Like the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
- Higher than average price point for a family-friendly airport hotel
- If you’re on a budget, one of these airport hotels in Orlando would be a better option
- Noise from airport can be heard from your room if you are facing the inside of the atrium – paging system, noise of crowds (6AM to 10PM). If you are a light sleeper, request a room facing outside.
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport is a great hotel option for cruisers – rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is hard to beat if you’re heading to Port Canaveral the next day.
More About Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Address: 9300 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32827
Price Range: $$$
Hotel Class: 3.5 stars
Reviews: Over 90% of reviewers rated this hotel Very Good or Excellent
Availability: Click here for rates and availability