On the advice of our travel agent, my family decided to fly out one day before our cruise on the Disney Dream.
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport Review
After much debate, we chose at Hilton Garden Inn near the airport over a Disney World Resort.
Thank goodness! 10 minutes vs 40-50 minutes travel time to a Disney Resort.
There was a delay in Toronto and instead of arriving in Orlando at 11:00PM we landed at 4AM. The day of the cruise!
At 4:45AM we checked in at Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately we had to check out only a few hours later at 10AM to head to Port Canaveral.
I intended this to be a detailed post of our pre cruise stay, but due to checking in in the wee hours of the morning I didn’t get too see much of the hotel other than our room and the breakfast area.
So here goes…
- Less than a 10 minute drive from MCO to the hotel via complimentary shuttle that runs 24 hours a day
- Spacious and clean room with 2 Queen Beds, a sitting area, desk, microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker
- Very courteous staff. Even at 5AM, front desk greeted us with a smile despite 2 cranky kids and grouchy
adult family membersme. No one else was grouchy. Apparently they can handle exhaustion much better than I can.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cooked to order breakfast. HGI provides standard continental breakfast items such as fresh fruit, waffles (you make it yourself), bread and pastries, and cereal as well as offers hot breakfast items. Omlettes are made to order and potato wedges, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and corn beef hash sit in warming trays. Breakfast is $9.95 a person and is served buffet style with the exception of made to order eggs or omlettes.
- There are plenty of dining options near HGI should you want to eat offsite
No bed rails available. We requested a play yard for our 1 year old (which they had) and moved the chairs to the side of the bed for our 4 year old.
Due to our short stay I was unable to check out the pool, hotel grounds and other amenities.
Our room, the hotel staff, the efficiency of the airport shuttle, and breakfast exceeded our expectations for a hotel rated 3 stars on many travel websites.
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
7300 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822
Next Up: Heading to Port Canaveral and Boarding the Disney Dream!
*Special thanks to Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for hosting my family’s stay. All opinions are my own.
Sarah Lynn says
I’m so sorry your flight was delayed!
When I went to Atlanta we got rerouted and grounded in Philly. The hotel we stayed at was a complete blur, so kudos to you for noticing what you did. (I was the grouchy one, I was supposed to be at the Coca-Cola attraction the next day, not in an airport!)
Looks like a great place to stay!
Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your flight problems too Sarah. I would have been less than thrilled to miss the Coca Cola attraction too!
Thank you for sharing. It is always good to know of family friendly hotels (esp. at 5 a.m.) that are close to airports. Who wouldn’t be exhausted after that long a travel day. I bet the bed felt good even if it was for a brief encounter.
Exactly! If we had chosen a hotel that didn’t have free shuttle we would have been even more exhausted (and cranky – me!)